Please fork the repository, and send pull requests with new features or bug fixes, but respect the following guidelines:
- Read how to properly contribute to open source projects on GitHub.
- Understand the branching model.
- Use a topic branch based on the
developbranch to easily amend a pull request later, if necessary.
- Write good commit messages.
- Squash commits on the topic branch before opening a pull request.
- Respect PEP 8 (use pep8 to check your coding style compliance).
- Add unit tests if possible (refer to the testsuite documentation).
- Add API documentation in docstrings.
- Open a pull request. that relates to but one subject with a clear title and description in grammatically correct, complete sentences.
Complying to these guidelines greatly increase the change of getting your pull request merged. You will be asked to improve your changeset if your pull request breaks any of the above guidelines.
If you intend to make larger changes, especially if these changes break the ABI, please ask on the mailing list first.